What should I do in court if I'm 18 years old and I was recently caught shoplifting with my friend? 6 Answers as of July 22, 2014

Neither of our totals were over $40 and it's our first offense. We also both have clean records. We're to do the diversion program. We have a court date set for the 25th of July and really need help soon. It would be greatly appreciated.

You need to get into the diversion program and successfully complete it. This is important since it avoids a conviction for theft on your record.? These records are FOREVER. What employer wants to hire a thief?
Diversion is generally a good option because it keeps the matter off your record. Consult with a local criminal defense attorney just to make sure you are making the right decision.
Dennis John Woods, Attorney at Law | Dennis John Woods
If you're going on the Diversion program it seems that you're already sentenced. If not, better get a lawyer unless you agree with the sentence.
VALENTE SCHARG & ASSOCIATES | DEAN VALENTE
If you can't afford to hire a good local attorney, ask the court to appoint you a public defender to handle matters. An attorney can do a lot more than the accused in negotiating a resolution.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
If you are to do the diversion program, then that is what you do. So you must know. Unsure how you know about the diversion program. Generally you give a plea and the judge will sentence you if you pled guilty or no contest.