What should I do if there was a warrant issued for failure to appear? 10 Answers as of June 13, 2011

I was supposed to check in and let the courts know I got into anger management classes. I did so, but missed the court date to tell them I got in. What should I do?

Go to the court and tell the bailiff you are there to clear a warrant your case will be called. Show the judge your proof of enrollment say you are sorry and you should be ok.
LynchLaw
LynchLaw | Michael Thomas Lynch
Either you, or your attorney, needs to put this matter on the court's calendar. Bring proof of enrollment and/or completion of the class. Good luck.
You need to calendar the matter and appear in court before you are arrested. You would be better protected to have this done by an attorney if you have one or if not if you can afford to hire one. You then can explain the situation to the judge and he or she will likely reinstated your probation.
Have a lawyer go to court to recall the warrant and request an extension without you, thereby lessening the chance that you will be taken into custody.
See court clerk. Get date. Appear.
    For you to handle a warrant, you must turn yourself into the court, with or without an attorney, and try to negotiate a recall of the warrant and a plea bargain on the Failure to Appear charge. Doing so voluntarily will result in a better outcome than being brought in cuffs to court after arrest on the warrant. In your case, if you have actually complied with the court orders and sentencing, then you should get off with a modest fine for the warrant. If serious about hiring counsel to help you in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me.
    Lowenstein Law Office
    Lowenstein Law Office | Anthony Lowenstein
    There could be a failure to appear or warrant for your arrest. Yes, usually. For more information, please see my website or call me for a legal consultation.
    Law Office of Joe Dane
    Law Office of Joe Dane | Joe Dane
    You're potentially in violation of your probation by not complying, so the warrant is just the way to get you into court. If you were signed up before the deadline, but just didn't show, you should be able to get the warrant recalled and show proof of enrollment. Contact the attorney that represented you on the original case to verify this and discuss your options. Before you just go to court yourself, you need to make sure you're otherwise in compliance with all the other terms of your probation.
    What was the date that you were supposed to show up for court? And what court is it in? Depending on those answers, I would probably advise having an attorney handle the matter to recall the warrant. Whatever you decide to do, it should be addressed sooner as opposed to later.