What should I do if there is a bench warrant against me in Louisiana? 3 Answers as of February 22, 2011

What can I do? In Louisiana in September of 2007 I accidentally carried a knife on school grounds it was not use in a crime are as a threat in anyway the school didn’t suspend me until the next day nor was I arrested are even told that charges was being filed against me after a few months I then dropped out of school, move to Texas because I wouldn’t be able to graduate after about 2-4wks I found out that a had a bench warrant when I call to find out way I was told that charges had been filed against me by either the school board are the school but they dropped their case to avoid going to court and then state picked it up is when it became a felony plus I just found out that I was charged with illegally carrying of a gun on school grounds instead of a knife is there anything a can do cause its stopping from getting a job and going in to navy?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
NOLA Criminal Law
NOLA Criminal Law | Townsend Myers
I would suggest hiring a lawyer to help you find out (1) if there is a warrant, (2) what it is for, and (3) whether it can be handled in your absence or if you will be forced to surrender yourself to the jail. If I were you, I would definitely contact a lawyer in the parish where this happened.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 2/22/2011
Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
Your best option in this situation is to hire an attorney in Louisiana who will be able to contact the courts on your behalf and attempt to have the bench warrant removed. It may be possible for an attorney to negotiate a payment of fines or a court appearance in return for removing the bench warrant and keeping you from being arrested for any minor event such as a traffic stop in Louisiana. Every case is different and the specific details of your case will ultimately determine your options. If you are seeking legal representation in this matter in Louisiana, we invite you to contact our firm at the information provided on this page for a free case evaluation.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 2/18/2011
Law Office of Craig E. Gibbs
Law Office of Craig E. Gibbs | Craig Gibbs
Have an attorney help you recall the warrant and get a new court date.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 2/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: