What should I do if someone is sending me threatening messages over facebook? 5 Answers as of March 08, 2011

The person who is doing this used to be a friend with me for a short while, then something stupid happened between us and he threatened to "put me in a body bag", he also just recently sent another message harassing me and again saying hes going to "kick my ass". I've heard from other people that he is illegally acquiring a gun and I feel threatened for my life; what should I do?

First this response is general information only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. However, you should make a police report and also try to get an order of protection against this guy and also report it to facebook and hire an attorney if you are unable to get the order of protection by yourself.
You should immediately report the incident to the police and have him arrested for Aggravated Harassment. The judge will issue an Order of Protection which will prevent him from threatening you, contacting you, or using a computer to harass or annoy you. If he continues to threaten you, or even contacts you he will be charged with Contempt of Court and subject to a year in jail.
You should immediately report his threats to the police so they can arrest him before he has the opportunity to injure or harm you. Or, if the police don't do anything, go directly to the District Attorneys office and report him.
Raiser & Kenniff, PC
Raiser & Kenniff, PC | Steve Raiser
You can go to the police and have him arrested. In NY it would be a misdemeanor, Aggravated Harassment.
Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers
Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers | Alexander Sanchez
Report the offender to the police for aggravated harassment. He or she will be arrested, and charged with a misdemeanor, and you will get an order of protection.