What should I do if someone hit my car but is claiming they are not at fault? 1 Answers as of June 20, 2011

I was sitting at a red light waiting to go. It turned green, I proceeded into intersection, other car T-Boned me in drivers side. My car is totaled. The cop cited other person for running a red light and not wearing their glasses. Now after 2 weeks of waiting for other person's insurance company to pay the claim, they have denied liability, saying their customer said light was green on their end too. Very frustrating. What I thought was a simple liability case and get my car fixed or totaled out is turning into nightmare. Should I see an attorney? There were no injuries, and my car's total value is approx $3,500 anyway. Is it worth going after them or not?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A.
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A. | Paul L. Whitfield
Classic case, arguing about red light or no. happens all the time. Lawyer will not likely take the case on contingency (percentage) but you could pay someone to help you. Suggest you go to what I call the Judge Judy court (small claims court) Jurisdiction is $5000. Cost is cheap and you can get a hearing in a few weeks.
Answer Applies to: North Carolina
Replied: 6/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: