What should I do if my wife is taking me to court for child support and alimony? How? 7 Answers as of July 07, 2015

My wife and I have not lived together in 3 years, She took my children and left. She now lives with her boyfriend with my two sons and their 1 son. I pay her $350 every two weeks for child support through the bank. She always seems to want more but I can't give her more than that. Then she told me she was sending the kids to live with me. In preparation I rented a four-bedroom house and got my kids a $1700-dollar bedroom set which I am still making payments to. Now, since I can't give her more money, my wife is trying to take me to court for child support and alimony. What should I do?

Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
You need an attorney. Not enough information here to make any other suggestion.
Law Offices of Lauren H. Kane | Lauren H. Kane
Hire a lawyer asap to protect your rights.
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
If you are served, you have to respond in a timely manner. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney, you can try legal aid or go to the self help center at the courthouse for assistance.
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida | Dennis J. Leffert, J.D.
My suggestion is that you hire a divorce family law attorney and go to court for decision. Good luck.
Child support and spousal support are two different legal principles that must be addressed separately. Child-support is based upon the timeshare between the parents and the gross incomes of the parties. Spousal support is based upon a number of factors including need, length of the marriage and if she's cohabiting with someone that she's romantically involved with. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your legal options.
    Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
    You should go to court and ask for custody of your children. If she's living with her boyfriend the chances of you having to pay alimony would be very slight.
    Petit & Dommershausen SC
    Petit & Dommershausen SC | Tajara Dommershausen
    File for divorce and ask for placement of your children.