What should I do if my visa expired a long time ago? 1 Answers as of March 25, 2011

I have been here for 11 years and I am now 21. I came to the U.S. with a visitors visa which expired long ago. What can I do to fix my immigration status?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
In most cases to fix your immigration status you will require a sponsor - close family member (spouse or parent or sibling) or employer although there are some country-specific programs. Since you have been out of status for so many years any immigration case will be more complicated than normal and will limit the categories you might qualify for. One of the exceptions that would allow you to process for permanent residency without going abroad and triggering a ten year penalty is a good faith marriage to a U.S. citizen. If you believe you have a sponsor, I would suggest scheduling an appointment for a consultation. We do charge for consultations but whatever fee is paid for the consult would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if you retain us for further immigration work on your behalf.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/25/2011
Click to View More Answers: