What should I do if my mothers son wants half of my money? 1 Answers as of August 11, 2011

We won some money from a personal lawsuit and now the mother of my son wants some. Going to court, can she legally get half which was a personal lost to me?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
It depends on a couple factors: One - were you married at the time of the injury? Two - is the personal loss "lost wages" or "diminished earning capacity"? If you were already divorced tell her to hug a tree. Otherwise, I need to know the second half of the equation to determine if the money is separate or community property.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: