What should I do if my husband has not responded to my divorce? 2 Answers as of July 15, 2011

I started out filing uncontested the papers were mailed to my husband house 2 times then his job one time he is not responding to anything. She say I have to get him served and get a court date but I have to pay her 500 up front. i dont have money like that I get unemployment. Years back I went through legal aide for free but they dont do that any more. Then they say I can type them myself for 250 inwhich I will be lost. Waht can i do

We strongly recommend that you talk with family and friends about helping you to retain a divorce lawyer in your area to help you. The amount you were quoted sounds very reasonable, in my opinion. Good luck!
Frankly, if you try to do it yourself, you will probably never get done. That may be a good thing,. because many pro se papers are frankly screwed up, and you may cause problems you never expected. Since he won't sign you are in a contested case. You already made a huge mistake. You do NOT file first and then get him to try to sign. That's backwards. Get a lawyer. If money is really tight, consider paying the lawyer to just coach you and write amended papers.