What should I do if my husband has not responded to my divorce? 2 Answers as of July 15, 2011

I started out filing uncontested the papers were mailed to my husband house 2 times then his job one time he is not responding to anything. She say I have to get him served and get a court date but I have to pay her 500 up front. i dont have money like that I get unemployment. Years back I went through legal aide for free but they dont do that any more. Then they say I can type them myself for 250 inwhich I will be lost. Waht can i do

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Goolsby Law Office
Goolsby Law Office | Richard Goolsby
We strongly recommend that you talk with family and friends about helping you to retain a divorce lawyer in your area to help you. The amount you were quoted sounds very reasonable, in my opinion. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 7/15/2011
Ashman Law Office
Ashman Law Office | Glen Edward Ashman
Frankly, if you try to do it yourself, you will probably never get done. That may be a good thing,. because many pro se papers are frankly screwed up, and you may cause problems you never expected. Since he won't sign you are in a contested case. You already made a huge mistake. You do NOT file first and then get him to try to sign. That's backwards. Get a lawyer. If money is really tight, consider paying the lawyer to just coach you and write amended papers.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 7/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: