What should I do if my case is if my attorney is incompetent and not fighting for me? 4 Answers as of June 30, 2015

I do not know what to do with my lawyer. Essentially, I do not feel like she is not fighting for me at all in court even though she represents me. When I have asked her about evidence to help my case, she admitted she has not gotten any, and just takes whatever is thrown at her. What should I do at this point?

Out your money together and retain an attorney.
Spend some money and hire a "real lawyer."
Darrell B. Reynolds, P.C. | Darrell B. Reynolds
You can always hire another attorney.
It is very difficult to assess the "competency" of another attorney, especially when you provide absolutely no facts, or even what crime you have been charged with. As far as "evidence", over the years (I have been in practice 32 years, and also sit as a judge), I have had many clients get upset with me because I don't get certain "evidence" they think is of value. The question is whether or not the evidence the client wants considered is relevant to the case or even admissible. Without having answers to these questions, I have no way to answer your question. However, if you simply don't like your attorney, I suppose you could ask the court for a new one.