What should I do if I'm out of status because of a mix up between the schools I was applying to? 4 Answers as of December 23, 2013

Hi all. I'm out of status, my university reported me because I did not go to take the course within 60 days since I arrived in the US because I put all my files on another school. They told me they will take care of the transfer, but when I went to take the placement test, they told me that the first university reported you and you have to leave the country. This second school gave me new I-20 but they asked me to leave the country and come back again to be legal. They advised me to go to Mexico, but I'm afraid about that. Who knows they won't let me come in again and cancel the visa because I'm reported. I really don't know what to do. I'm fraid if I will drive, someone could check my situation. Waiting for your help. Thank you.

Make an appointment with a USCIS District Office near you and go straighten this whole thing up.
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
You may apply for reinstatement of your F1 status. Provide sufficient documentation showing that the loss of status was due to exceptional circumstances beyond your control; that you did not work without authorization; that you still intend to pursue your full course of studies and that you have the means to do so. Also you must show that you have not violated any other condition of your F1 status during this period. As a general rule, CIS will reinstate you if you have not been out of status for more than 5 months
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
You can either leave the U.S. and apply for a new visa or apply at USCIS for reinstatement of your student status from within the U.S. To apply for reinstatement your status should not have been terminated more than 5 months ago.
You should have started classes at the initial school and then transferred later. You have two options. The first option is depart the U.S. and seek a new student visa at the consulate. The second option is to file for reinstatement, but there is simply not enough information is a viable option.