What should I do if I was rear ended by someone? 7 Answers as of February 21, 2012

I was rear ended by a drunk driver in a toll plaza and he fled. I did not get his license plate number. What can I do?

Law Offices of Joseph I. Lipsky, P.A.
Law Offices of Joseph I. Lipsky, P.A. | Joseph Lipsky
If you have uninsured motorist coverage on your car insurance policy, you are entitled to make a claim for the damages caused by the "phantom vehicle." With uninsured motorist coverage, you are able to proceed as you could with any car accident claim for your personal injuries and other damages. It is important that you get the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney as there are different forms your insurance company was required to have you sign, should they claim you did not have such uninsured motorist coverage.
David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
You can make a claim against your uninsured motorist coverage of YOUR AUTO INSURANCE, ASSUMING YOU PURCHASED SUCH COVERAGE.
First, report it to you insurance company, since you will have to get your car fixed through your own insurance, if you carried collision insurance on your car. Secondly, if you were injured in the accident, you can make a claim for personal injuries through the uninsured motorists insurance on your car, if you carried UM insurance. Your insurance policy requires you to promptly notify them of any accident, so hopefully you will already have done that.
Ewusiak & Roberts, P.A.
Ewusiak & Roberts, P.A. | Christopher J. Roberts
Sorry to hear about your incident. If you have insurance on your own vehicle that covers hit and runs (collision insurance and/or uninsured motorist coverage), you can seek compensation from your own insurance company even though the accident was the fault of the other driver. If you have no such insurance (or even if you do, and you want to find the culprit), you could inquire of the public entity running the toll booth whether they have security cameras that may have caught the guy's license plate. If so, you could track him down. If you suffered any injuries and/or if your property damage was substantial, it would probably be worth your while to consult an attorney in your area. Most PI lawyers will give you a free initial consultation. Good luck.
Aronberg & Aronberg, Personal Injury Law Firm
Aronberg & Aronberg, Personal Injury Law Firm | David T. Aronberg
You first should make sure the police are notified and complete an accident report. You then need to call your insurance company and let them know. Do you have any physical injuries? If so, you should go to hospital, walk in medical clinic or your primary care physician.
    Kirshner & Groff
    Kirshner & Groff | Richard M. Kirshner
    If you can't identify him not much you can do unless you have uninsured motorist coverage on your auto policy. How do you know he was drunk if he didn't stop?
    Allen Murphy Law
    Allen Murphy Law | W. Riley Allen
    File a UM claim if you have coverage.