What should I do if I was over payer for child support? 1 Answers as of May 26, 2011

My child support was set at a lower income than I am currently earning. There is a notice of a child support review order and I am wondering if they can use my overseas hazard pay to increase the child support amount. Can I get any credit for extra money I have given my children beside the regular child support.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C.
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C. | Michael Anthony Wing
If the hazard pay was a temporary deal, then you can argue it is not equitable to treat it as a permanent raise. If you gave the money directly to the children, I would doubt that you would receive credit, but if you were paying the parent and can show proof of payment, then you have a chance. Stay well.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 5/26/2011
Click to View More Answers: