What should I do if I was hurt in Florida after I slipped and fell leaving a restaurant? 3 Answers as of February 17, 2012

I slipped and fell on wet floor between front door and the entrance of a restaurant in Tampa. I have gone to urgent care and the doctor told me my left leg is broken and I am getting x-rays done. My wrist is also in great pain too and needs x-rays as well. It was rainy, but there was no slippery floor sign and several other people fell in the same spot that I did. It happened on March 15. Can I do something?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Mukerjee Law Group
Mukerjee Law Group | Sisy A. Mukerjee
Yes, you may have a potential claim against the restaurant. I would seek legal counsel immediately.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/12/2011
Ewusiak & Roberts, P.A.
Ewusiak & Roberts, P.A. | Joel Ewusiak
This is known as a premises liability claim. You may have a claim against the store for negligence. If you prove that the store was negligent, then you may recover damages for medical bills, unpaid wages, and pain and suffering. You should consult with a lawyer. Premises liability claims can be difficult to litigate and most stores defend them vigorously.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/17/2012
Kelaher Law Offices, P.A.
Kelaher Law Offices, P.A. | James P Kelaher
Certainly; I would begin by consulting a personal injury attorney in the Tampa area. If you don't know any, feel free to call and I will be happy to give you some names of good lawyers in the Tampa Bay area.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: