What should I do if I was hit by a car a year ago, spun and hit a second car and am being sued by second car? 3 Answers as of October 12, 2016

I live in no fault state. I was driving a rental in another state, was hit when first driver crossed center line. My car spun and hit second car. I am now being sued by the second driver. Must respond to court subpoena in 30 days. I can't afford to go to another state. What do I do?

Downriver Injury and Auto Law | Michael Heilmann
You need to turn it into your insurance company.
If you had insurance in force on the car you were driving, either insurance you bought when you rented the car, or insurance on your own car, then notify your insurance company about the incident AND the document you received. If you did not have insurance, then you have a problem, and will need to hire a lawyer in the city where the accident happened.
Gregory M Janks, PC
Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
Turn the matter over to your car insurer and any insurer of the rental vehicle and let them sort out which insurer would be responsible to defend the claims against you.