What should I do if I was charged with a DUI but never received the paperwork? 6 Answers as of August 27, 2015

I got arrested for a DUI in 2012 and said that I was a soldier returning home. I was told that they would send me my court papers but they never did. Now I have a warrant for my arrest. What can and should I do about this? I want to clear things up but cannot afford to go back, nor can I mentally handle going to jail. I don't know what to do, please help. By the way I am not a resident and this happened when I had gotten released from the US army.

Turn yourself in on the warrant.
First things first. You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present if the underlying charge is a misdemeanor, so it is less risky for you.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
You can hire a lawyer to handle clearing the warrant and resolving your case.
You need to hire an attorney in the state where the DUI occurred. He or she can assist you through the process. The reality is, at some point you will have to go to court to get the matter resolved.
FIND AN EXPERIENCED CRIMINAL LAWYER who practices in the County in which the warrant was issued. It is just barely possible that he could work something out with the prosecutor perhaps by filing a Motion to Dismiss for Failure to Prosecute, or by some other means by which he need not disclose that you made a false statement to the law enforcement person on the scene. Good Luck.
    Obliviously you need to fill in an attorney in the state of the infraction to attempt to straighten this out and have the warrant vacated and answer the charges.