What should I do if I violated probation and there is a warrant out for my arrest? 2 Answers as of March 25, 2011

I was placed on probation back in 2007 I was seeing my probation officer on a regular until 2008 I still have unpaid fees and restitution. I was told to contact him what should I do? I know there is a warrant for my arrest it was my first offense ever oh yeah I also signed the first offender act I work and go to school every day. I really can't afford an attorney can someone give me some advice. I am so afraid.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
There is nothing to do: Turn yourself in. If you could hire an attorney, I would write hire an attorney and plan a turn in. If there is no attorney it does not matter when you turn yourself in. You will be arrested, and the probation officer will schedule the hearing when he gets around to it.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 3/25/2011
Law Office of Sam Levine, LLC
Law Office of Sam Levine, LLC | Sam L. Levine
You need to turn yourself in & politely assert your 5th amendment right to remain silent & 6th amendment right to counsel. In your case, you will be appointed a public defender. Good luck & take care.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 3/25/2011
Click to View More Answers: