What should I do if I slipped and fell in Illinois while at a restaurant? 2 Answers as of March 17, 2011

We were walking out of a restaurant when I slipped and fell on wet floor between front door and the entrance. I have gone to urgent care and they say that my left leg is broken and I am getting x-rays done. My wrist is also in great pain too and needs x-rays as well. It was rainy, but there was no slippery floor sign and several other people fell in the same spot that I did. It happened on March 15 in Naperville. What should I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Allegretti & Associates
Allegretti & Associates | James L. Allegretti
First of all do not give any statements to any insurance co or representative of the restaurant without talking to a lawyer. The business can be liable for your injuries. You must know what you slipped on and how long it was there. The business must have notice of the dangerous condition before they can be liable. Did you report the fall? Do you know who you told? Did any one take pictures?
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 3/17/2011
Peckar & Abramson, P.C.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C. | David Scriven-Young
You should contact an attorney to discuss your rights. You might have a claim against the restaurant for your medical bills as well as pain and suffering. Good luck, and I hope you recover quickly.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 3/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: