What should I do if I overstayed my visa but am now submitting the DS-230? 1 Answers as of February 08, 2011

Being eligible for an immigrant visa I am applying for it however on my previous visit while returning back to my country I overstayed in the U.S for 1 year and 8 months from April-2005 to Jan-2007 when I was leaving the U.S I did not handover the i-94 to the concerned authorities my question is did my passport get scanned? As my passport at that time was an old passport not a computerized one it did not have a barcode. Does the USCIS or DHS have my departure record? Now I have to submit my DS-230 should I write about my overstay? Or should I write a false date and show that I did not overstay? And if I write something untruthful and get caught will my other family members who are immigrating get denied as well?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
First, you should never be untruthful. Don't even think about it because USCIS hates lies the most. Secondly, you are subject to 10 years immigration bar. You should have a lawyer to help you apply for a waiver. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: