What should I do if I need to travel after getting my citizenship? 2 Answers as of June 20, 2011

To get my replacement on my citizenship is taking 180 days and I’m going to travel in 45 days. What can I do in this case?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
use the receipt notice for the N-400 and take to USCIS and ask an officer to write you a letter with the dates that you became a Citizen. This will be enough to get you a U.S. passport (for one year and not 10).
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/20/2011
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
If you are a US citizen, and you need a replacement passport quickly, you can bring evidence of your travel plans to a US Department of State office for expedited processing.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: