What should I do if I miss my court date? 5 Answers as of April 13, 2012

I missed a court date this morning for failure to buy a ticket for the light rail. I am a student and have a light rail pass. The sticker which is my pass fell off of my school ID the day I got the ticket. So I have a pass and I would have not had to pay the fine and would have been free to go once I presented my light rail pass. But I forgot today to go to my court date. So should I call tomorrow? Should I just go in to the court house?

Law Offices of Steven J. Pisani
Law Offices of Steven J. Pisani | Steven Pisani
Missing court is a violation of the law in and of itself. Be sure to appear as soon as possible after your missed court appearance. If you can show proof you had a light rail pass the city attorney may dismiss the case against you or have you plead to something other than fare skipping. The fare skipping charge will be reported as a theft charge, so it is important to handle the case properly. If you need more assistance, contact a Denver Criminal Defense Attorney.
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
Go into court this afternoon and let them know you missed this morning's date and it probably will be okay. If you can't do it today go first thing tomorrow and ask to be added onto the docket. The sooner you go in the less hassle it will be.
Connell-Savela
Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
Call them immediately and ask to re-schedule.
The Law Offices of Jaime Cowan
The Law Offices of Jaime Cowan | Jaime Cowan
You should go to the court house at 8 am and talk to the judge.
Gregory C. Graf
Gregory C. Graf | Gregory C. Graf
Go to the court house and check in.