What should I do if I lose my referral for DUI in California? 9 Answers as of February 24, 2012

I am a first offender dui and I lost my referral. I did my community service and currently paying a penalty. The only thing I did not do is a 3 month counseling. What should I do?

You, or an attorney on your behalf, need to go back to court and request a re-referral.
Go to the court clerk where your case is and get another one have the matter calendered before the judge if the clerk requires it. If you do not complete your first offender program you will be in violation of probation and also your license will be suspended.
If you fail to do any of the things required under your sentencing and probation terms, you are in violation of probation. You risk revocation of the probation and imposition of the original jail sentence. In order to avoid that and an arrest warrant, immediately return to court and try to convince the court to grant an extension or new orders as required, based upon whatever good cause excuse you can show for your failure and violation. If serious about hiring counsel to help you in this, feel free to contact me.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
Go back to the court clerk's office and ask how to get back on calender; or some of the programs will let you enroll without a court referral. You can get the contact info from the DMV web site.
You are likely in violation of probation, which required timely enrollment in the alcohol program. A warrant be have been issued if the deadline has past. Consider hiring en attorney who can go to court for you to get you a new referral. You should especially explore this avenue if there is a warrant. An attorney can appear without you, thus minimizing the chances of you being taken into custody.
    What do you mean, you lost it? You mean you can't find the piece of paper - go to the clerk of the criminal court and ask to see your file as it should be written there.
    By three month counseling, I am assuming you are referring to the AB541 alcohol course. Are you still in the window of time alloted by the court to enroll? If so, go to the court to get a new referral. If not, you will have to get an extension from the court. There may be consequences for this, do you should consider consulting an attorney to avoid or mitigate potential consequences.
    Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN
    Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN | Michael Bialys
    You need to go back to court and ask the judge for a re-referral.
    Robert Mortland
    Robert Mortland | Law Office of Robert Mortland
    You should get yourself on the calendar and ask the judge for a re-referral. You can do this by going to the clerks office or asking your attorney to add you to the calendar. Most judges will allow this so long as you have a good reason why you need it.