What should I do if I have a warrant out for me? 2 Answers as of April 27, 2011

I recently received a letter in the mail stating that I have warrant out. My husband went to legal assistance on base to ask for help. They said it's for assault charge and failure to appear in court. The charge is from five years ago in Texas. My husband is in the army so the last past four years we have been moving. My understanding when the incident happen I only received a warning it's been five years now and we haven't heard anything til now. We currently live in Virginia. The legal assistance said I need to get a hold of some type of Texas attorney for help. Any help would be appreciated.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
First, you do need to handle this matter and it is better to handle it now than to wait until your name is put into a database and you are pulled over for a traffic stop and arrested. How it is handled is dependent upon the jurisdiction, which is why I ask what County has the warrant out for you.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 4/27/2011
The Law Offices of Dustan Neyland
The Law Offices of Dustan Neyland | Dustan Neyland
You need to speak with an attorney in the city/county where the charge is pending. An attorney may be able to take care of this case for you without you having to appear in Texas.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 4/25/2011
Click to View More Answers: