What should I do if I have a warrant of arrest and I am in a hospital? 8 Answers as of October 23, 2013

I received a citation for 2nd degree retail fraud. That was not the intention. I have Myasthenia Gravis and had an episode which I can't breathe and was weak I went slowly towards the door just to get air. Never went outside and was stopped, 20 minutes later I am in full crisis ems is called hit my head on the floor from the fall now I am an inpatient going for plasma Pharesis due to this crisis and no one would listen. I had some problems years ago and the police threatened me with my past and that I had medication in my purse therefore I was dealing drugs and shoplifting so he said he was charging me with 2 felonies and a warrant for my arrest. I was ill but since there was a past, no one would listen now I'm in the hospital . What should I do?

Get the hospital to send a note that you are there to the court. That should resolve that problem.
Pray that the medical providers at the jail are familiar with your condition, because you are going to jail.
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
You should hire an attorney to represent you on your behalf through a friend or family member. All information and analysis provided herein is for Massachusetts law and Massachusetts cases, ONLY. If your matter or question involves the laws of another state please disregard this post and seek advice from an attorney licensed to practice law in the applicable state.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Send an attorney.
Law Office of Jared C. Winter
Law Office of Jared C. Winter | Jared C. Winter
All you can do is either hire a criminal defense lawyer, or go to the court, get your warrant cleared, and ask the judge to appoint the public defender.
    You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present, so it is less risky for you.
    Criminal Defense & Civil Litigation, LLC | Michael C. Witt
    Provide the court that issued the warrant with verification of your hospitalization. Do not discuss the allegations, just report your current physical inability to come to court. Get yourself a lawyer as soon as possible.
    Contact a lawyer to have the matter resolved.