What should I do if I have a court bench warrant? 1 Answers as of July 07, 2011

I was arrested for an altered vehicle tag in January 2011. Just a few days ago I received a letter in the mail saying I have a bench warrant but when I had gotten out of jail that same night, they didn’t give me any papers saying that I have a court date. This is my first time dealing with the law and I just need some help on what I should do.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Phillip Weiser
Law Office of Phillip Weiser | Phillip L. Weiser
You should either contact the Court Clerk to see if the judge would permit the warrant to be served when you appear in court without posting a bond, or you could consult with an attorney prior to being served and he could arrange your surrender on the warrant, and possibly an OR bond.
Answer Applies to: Kansas
Replied: 7/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: