What should I do if I have been ordered to pay restitution but have no possible way to pay any of it at this time? 3 Answers as of August 22, 2014

I was told by another source to file indigent paperwork, but the county clerk told me that no such papers exist. I did some research and learned that they actually do exist. I was convicted of larceny under $200 with no evidence. No legal council was appointed to me even after I requested it, and my rights were never read to me even after serving jail time.

Elhart & Horvath, P.C.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C. | Mattias Johnson
A first step may be revisiting your conviction, based on the facts you have provided. I would suspect that you were, however, given an advice of rights form which you had to tell the court that you understood and that you were not appointed counsel because no jail time was on the table as a possible punishment. Revisiting the conviction would also probably cost far more than the restitution itself. I would recommend speaking with a clerk at the court ordering restitution and explaining your situation. They can often set up payment plans whereby you only pay a small percentage of what you owe each month until the full amount is paid off.
VALENTE SCHARG & ASSOCIATES | DEAN VALENTE
Three words...Installment Payment Plan. Ask your PO for time to pay.
You can and should file a motion asking the judge to modify your restitution payments. Restitution is really impossible to eliminate but they can make the payments more reasonable or something you can afford.