What should I do if I forgot to report some of my income? How? 6 Answers as of May 07, 2015

I recently sent in my income tax return and I realized I forgot to include income that was coming in from a home I rent out. What do I do?

Law Offices of Charles R. Perry
Law Offices of Charles R. Perry | Charles R. Perry
You should file an amended return on form 1040X. A tax preparer should be able to help you with any questions you have as to how to fill out the form.
File a Form 1040X showing changes. You'll also have to file a Schedule E or Schedule C with the details of the rental income, expenses and depreciation.
Eranthe Law Firm
Eranthe Law Firm | Cate Eranthe
You should file an amended return to show the income which you forgot to list. There are instructions and forms on the IRS website.
Law Offices of Robert Beatson II | Robert Beatson II
The facts need to be carefully reviewed and analyzed. An amended income tax return needs to be prepared. An experienced tax attorney/accountant should be able to handle this.
Irsfeld, Irsfeld & Younger LLP | Norman H. Green
File an amendment on Forms 1040X and 540X.