What should I do if I feel I am being harassed/discriminated by my boss? 1 Answers as of May 05, 2011

I am being treated really badly by my boss. I am the only female and he excludes me from everything he can. He has tried to write me up for something I did not do and hardly speaks to me. I have Cohn’s disease and have to run late and miss work. I think he wants to fire me but with a reason besides that.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
David B. Sacks, P.A.
David B. Sacks, P.A. | David Sacks
If you feel you are being discriminated against because you are member of a protected classification, i.e., gender, then you need to make a formal complaint with the corporate Human Resources Dept. and/or the EEOC. For more information on discrimination in the work place you can visit my website or www.eeoc.gov.

Also, you may have an FMLA issue and/or a disability discrimination issue. Again, the EEOC can provide some assistance and it is a prudent course of action to notify the HR DEPT as well. The law requires that the company be put on notice of harassment and/or discrimination before the company can be held liable unless the owner, or someone close to the owner in the corporate hierarchy, is doing the discriminating. Please feel free to call me for a free consultation.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/5/2011
Click to View More Answers: