What should I do if I entered the country without registering? 1 Answers as of May 20, 2011

I entered USA on March 27th from Syria and I didn't know about the special registration. I told everyone at the airport (JFK) that I am from Syria entering USA for the first time assuming that they will know about that and I did whatever they told me to do. Anyway I entered without registering (I don’t have FIN# on my I-94). However, this program has been canceled around late April. So what should I do now? Do I have to worry? Is there any risk of not being able to get another visa again?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
I have not had this question come up yet, but logically I believe that it will not matter since the program has in fact been cancelled. Having said that it was the in vigor when you entered and therefore I believe (and know) that USCIS had advance notice of this cancellation of the program and elected to put their "dollars" somewhere else. It was always a redundant program in the first place and my belief is that it did not serve any purpose for your class of entrants since you have been legally admitted. USCIS knows you are here and it knows when and where you entered. I think you are just fine. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: