What should I do if I bought real estate but owner does not want to move out? 19 Answers as of March 06, 2014

I bought a real estate (condominium) but previous owner does not want to move out. How can I evict him from my property?

There are lawyers who specialize in this sort of work and are usually quite affordable.
Robert E. Giffin | Robert E. Giffin CPA
Go to court to evict tenant. Also the tenant may be trespassing. Go to court to evict and ask for damages tenant has done. Does the tenant have a lease and lawfully in posession under a lease.
James M. Chandler | James M. Chandler
Serve him notice to quit and if they do not move out file a unlawful detainer action.
If this just happened talk to the police and see if then are willing to get involved. I had this situation come up recently and it really is uncharted water. The local city attorney wasn't sure whether it qualified as a criminal matter but the cops did come by and it shook by the holdover and they left in a couple days. The civil process is straightforward. First, serve a 3 day notice to quit. Then begin an unlawful detainer case if they don't move out.
Law Offices of Frances Headley | Frances Headley
There is a specialized unlawful detainer for new buyers. You should consult a real estate attorney to assist you with the correct forms.
    Obtain the services of an attorney who specializes in eviction proceedings, to file the unlawful detainer action.
    You file for an eviction order.
    Law Office of Jeffrey T. Reed | Jeffrey T. Reed
    You need to follow the local eviction rules. A ?notice to quit? or move out, and then if they don?t leave file an unlawful detainer action in court. This will probably take at least 45 to 60 days by the time to give notice and go through the eviction process.
    Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C.
    Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C. | Brian Haggerty
    I think (no research done) that the FED process can be used in this case. The local Circuit Court will have forms. If not, then it's called an "ejectment." Also, assuming your purchase documentation was done well, this is a breach of contract and a breach of the warranties given in the deed. This is crazy and when someone is being crazy, it's always best to start by talking. Did this person think you negotiated some time he could continue to be there? Can you negotiate a time he will leave?
    Goldsmith & Guymon | Dara Goldsmith
    You need to file and serve eviction papers. If the process seems complicated, you may hire an attorney to assist you. This information is only intended to give general information in response to an inquiry. It does not establish an attorney client relationship. This response is only based upon the limited facts presented and is merely intended to assist you in determining if you should contact an attorney to provide you with legal advice.
    Give her a 30-day notice to quit, then file an eviction action.
    The Bryan Law Firm, L.L.C.
    The Bryan Law Firm, L.L.C. | Douglas L. Bryan
    You need to file to have him evicted. Usually this is done in the city court where the property is located, or if there is no city court, then most likely with the Justice of the Peace.
    Neal M. Rimer, Esquire
    Neal M. Rimer, Esquire | Neal M. Rimer
    Hire an attorney who specializes in unlawful detainer actions. The attorney will prepare, serve, and file a lawsuit if necessary to evict the person now in possession. You might consider offering the person in possession some money to move out right away and avoid the time delay and costs associated with the eviction process.
    James Law Group
    James Law Group | Christine James
    You will have to begin eviction proceedings in the courts. Get an attorney ASAP. It sounds like you cannot avoid it, so the sooner the better so you can get possession of your house.
    Attorney At Law | James G. Maguire
    Do some research on your local court system. That's where the eviction process starts.
    Frederick & Frederick PLC | James P Frederick
    You would need to go through the eviction process. In addition, you may be able to sue him for breach of contract and collect any and all costs associated with the delay.
    Petition the county court to require the previous owner to be evicted.