What should I do if I answered incorrectly on n400 immigration form 8 Answers as of July 20, 2011

I answered NO on the question #16 and #17 where suppose to be YES without remembering have been arrested and convicted infraction. And found out I should have stated all the traffic violation tickets too. I am so worried about if they take it as i tried to neglect the fact by answering NO . It's been 4 weeks after USCIS sent me the receipt for the application. Should I write an amend letter and enclose correction and disposition and driving record ?

The Law Offices Jonathan D Montag
The Law Offices Jonathan D Montag | Jonathan D Montag
I can respond to your question in general terms. Do not construe this response as legal advice as I would have to meet with you and learn a lot more facts about your case to see if the general principles in my answer apply to your specific case or if facts in your case make the general principle inapplicable. Generally speaking: At a naturalization examination, examiners are supposed to review the application and give an applicant the opportunity to correct mistakes. It is not uncommon for people to overlook answers or misunderstand questions. The examiner should give an applicant an opportunity to correct mistakes. I cannot schedule an appointment through email. Please call me to schedule an appointment.
Remember to correct them at the interview and be sure to explain well why the discrepancy exists.
You can correct your answer at the time of interview. BUT you will need a good immigration attorney to look at your criminal records.
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
You can directly address this issue at the N400 interview.
You can always amend your application by sending in a letter to the address on the Receipt Notice I-797. Good luck!
    Clifford Togo Sakata
    Clifford Togo Sakata | Clifford Togo Sakata
    Hi, If it's just a traffic ticket, you can disclose it at the interview.
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    You might want to consult with an immigration attorney to make sure your record does not render you ineligible for citizenship at this time. If your conviction does not prevent you from naturalizing, you can correct it at your citizenship interview. Make sure that you have copies of the disposition and bring the correction up with officer right at the beginning of the interview. The officer will annotate the application and add the documents to your file.
    Your letter is not likely to make it to you're A file. If the USCIS issues you a Request for Evidence (RFE), then at that time, you can send in an amended application with the supporting documents. If not, at the time of the interview, you should ask the officer to allow you to amend the original, but correcting, initialing and dating it. Bring the relevant supporting documents with you to supplement the file.