What should I do if I am taking prescription medicine and could be subject to drug testing? 3 Answers as of August 11, 2011

I have been working for a Govt. contractor for over 10 years. Three years ago I was asked to get a CDL. Sometime later, 1-2 years, my old neck and back injuries began acting up and my doctor prescribed percocet. After having more recent driver training I learned that I may be in danger of losing my license or job in the event of accident or random drug testing. What should I do? I do not want to lose my job or license but there are times when I cannot work with out something for pain.

Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
You need to work with your doctor and your employer to come up with a medical plant that will not cause you to lose your job or license because of drug testing.
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
Contact and consult with the federal EEOC for a response regarding the effect of your medical problems on your employment.