What should I do if I am being sued by the daughter of the co-signer of my student loans? 10 Answers as of August 27, 2015

Received a summons, have a case management conference coming up next week, and would prefer to settle out of court. My mother, I and the student loan company are the defendants. But need to know what legal actions I need to take to cover myself.

Well you better get a lawyer. I don't know enough to give any advice here.
You should retain an attorney, there are too many potential issues to advise with such limited information.
When you are sued, to oppose the suit you will need to file a responsive pleading with the court within the time specified on the summons. You may have some complicated defenses to this suit, so having representation would be in your best interests.
If you cannot settle, quickly, you will need to file an answer and participate. Otherwise she will get a judgment against you.
I don't see where the daughter of your cosigner has any right to sue you. The cosigner voluntarily agreed to be jointly liable for your student loans, this might cost the cosigner some money but not her daughter.
    You need to hire an attorney immediately. You need to answer the complaint and show up at the CMC. Without knowing what the lawsuit if for, it is impossible to provide any additional advice on the information given.
    Law Office of Joshua R.I. Cohen
    Law Office of Joshua R.I. Cohen | Joshua Cohen
    Hire an attorney. Can't give you advice based on lack of information.
    First question: what right does this person have to sue anyone? She might, but it is not apparent. GET A Lawyer to advise and represent you, There may be defenses which only a lawyer is likely to find.
    I really do not understand your question, if you are being sued for contribution by another obligor or cosigner, that is one thing. If the daughter is the legal representative of her mother or her estate it might well be possible that she has standing. Otherwise, and generally, the only persons who can sue another must have some privity with them, in this case contract. I would suggest you can take and counsel with an attorney as it appears from your question that you do not have a full understanding of your situation and are being sued.
    Eranthe Law Firm
    Eranthe Law Firm | Cate Eranthe
    You should have already filed a response to this matter. Did you respond within 30 days as required? If not there will be no case management conference. Go see a local knowledgeable debt defense attorney ASAP!!