What should I do if I am being questioned by an investigator about using someone else's credit card? 3 Answers as of October 06, 2011

I had the local sheriff investigator come to my house and tell me they have me on video using someone else's credit card and wanted me to answer questions. I did not answer them. I informed them I needed to leave to pick up my children from school and they said okay that I needed to talk to them on Monday and they left. I am not sure what to do now. My question I guess is this: If they have all this proof of a crime why was I not arrested and what should I do?

Your intuition is correct. Let them base their case on what they already have, not on what you give them. Do not waive your 5th amendment right to remain silent. If they are going to arrest you, then they will arrest you. It will be better for you to defend the case without having made any admissions. If you are arrested, bond out, and hire counsel. If you cannot afford counsel, the court will appoint you counsel. Stay well.
I suggest that you do not make any statement to law enforcement unless and until you have secured the services of an attorney. If the police are trying to talk with you, they do not want "your side of the story". They want a confession.