What should I do if I am being falsely accused? 4 Answers as of June 02, 2011

I saw my ex girlfriend and she had a black eye I asked her what happened, she said it happened at kickboxing. I didn't believe her so I asked her sister in law. Who said she told her I did it. What should I do?

Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
Do not answer any police questions if they question you and tell them you want counsel. We can represent you.
You indicated that your girlfriend had told someone that you assaulted her. Women often tell others something to get their boyfriend in trouble or to vent their frustrations. They also falsely accuse boyfriends. They also try to drop charges when their boyfriends assault them. You should retain an experienced criminal attorney to investigate the matter and see who is telling the truth. People lie so much and for so many reasons and so it takes a talented professional to sort out the truth. Once the truth is determined the attorney can advise you as to the best way to handle the matter. I have no idea whether you are telling me the truth so I cannot advise you unless I made a proper investigation of the matter.
If you did not do it, you could tell the police now or wait and see if there is going to be charges filed against you and then hire an attorney.
Nothing much to do unless you get arrested. If she's lying, you could try to find some witnesses to the kickboxing incident and get a statement from them in advance, but it's best if an investigator gets the statement because they can notarize it and will be a disinterested witness in case the witness later recants. Good luck.