What should I do if I am asked to pay for a wrong amount of debt? How? 2 Answers as of July 02, 2015

I received a demand letter from the hospital in which I have a contract with to pay back the loan they lent me to pay for my school. I don't dispute that I owe them the money but I do disagree with the amount they want me to pay. So, can I ask them for proof of what I owe them? What should I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC | Darren Aronow
Yes, you should never pay if you think it is incorrect.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/2/2015
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
Write back stating that you dispute the debt and ask for an account history.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 7/1/2015
Click to View More Answers: