What should I do if I am 17 and my mother is always putting me down when we are by ourselves? 5 Answers as of April 30, 2014

She calls me very mean names and when she is really heated, she tells me I can go die or the cops can come get me and use a firing squad on me.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
She needs help. You need a counselor to help you deal with her nuttiness and nastiness
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 4/30/2014
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
I suppose you could call CPS. But your best option might be to tough it out until you are 18 and move out, get a job, prove her wrong and, when you can afford it, get counseling to overcome all of the bad programming that your mother has put in you. We choose our friends, not our parents.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 4/29/2014
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A.
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A. | Paul L. Whitfield
Why don't you emancipate yourself and get a job and move on with your life who requires you to live with a person who doesn't care much for you
Answer Applies to: North Carolina
Replied: 4/29/2014
Andrew T. Velonis, P.C.
Andrew T. Velonis, P.C. | Andrew Velonis
Sometime when the situation is calm, tell her that the mean names hurt and she is not justified. Is there someone else who can step in, an aunt or a minister?
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 4/29/2014
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder | Linda K. Frieder, Esq.
Call child protective services.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/28/2014
Click to View More Answers: