What should I do if a former employer is claiming I quit when I was actually fired? 2 Answers as of July 15, 2011

A former employer is saying that I quit but I have proof that I got fired. They are saying that they need a written letter addressed to their accountant, what do I have to do with their accountant? She hand writes the checks right then & there. Can they hold my last pay check?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
Contact the federal EEOC office to see if you can file a charge.
Answer Applies to: Indiana
Replied: 7/15/2011
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
As I stated in my previous response they have 72 hours if you quit or immediately if you were terminated to pay you your last check. If they do not pay they are subject to a labor code penalty of one day's wages for each day unpaid up to 30 days.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: