What should I do if the father will not pay child support anymore? 7 Answers as of April 15, 2011

What should I do when the father of my two children doesn't want to pay child support anymore. My chidren are 12 and 10 year old. We share custody 50/50. Every time I called him about child support , he tells me that is broken.He lives in a very expensive rent,belongs to a very expensive golf club in the City,Dinning out every night etc.He didn't pay my children child support for one year now. Please I need an advise.

Goldberg Jones
Goldberg Jones | Zephyr Hill
Do the children sleep at his home half the time? Do you make less money than he does? You can hire an attorney to go after him and collect on his growing debt or you can get help from Department of Child Support Services for free.
Law Office of John C. Volz
Law Office of John C. Volz | John C. Volz
If you have a court order for support, you may turn it over to Child Support Services to collect your unpaid support. If you do not have a court order, then you must obtain one. Our office can assist you with that.
If you already have child support orders, you need to institute enforcement procedures. If you don't already have child support orders, you need to file an appropriate case (Divorce if you were married to the father, or Paternity if you weren't), and then file an Order to Show Cause for Child Support, Spousal Support (if married), and Attorney's Fees and Costs. I recommend that you retain an experienced Family Law Attorney to represent you in your case. If you can't afford to retain counsel, you should at least consult with an experienced Family Law Attorney to review the facts and guide you, and you may be able to obtain assistance at the self-help clinic at your local Superior Court.
If he is employed by a company, it would be easy to garnish his wages. If you are in my area and are looking for an attorney to assist you in this matter, please contact me for a free consultation.
Contact the Department of Child Support Services in the county in which you live. That agency can establish child support orders (assuming none exist). If there are existing child support orders, then Dept of Child Support Services can seek enforcement of such orders. Good luck!