What should I do if CPS is bringing criminal charges against me? 1 Answers as of March 11, 2011

CPS took my children gave them back sent a letter stating case was unfounded so I left the state of OR. Now they say they want to bring criminal charges because I took my children out of the state and I refused to bring them back an put them in foster care so they could be monitored. I no longer reside in OR. Should I be scared and take my kids to another state and keep moving till I can get the rite lawyer to file suite. Or am I safe outside their jurisdiction. The state of OR have no Jurisdiction over me I am not on probation or payroll I did nothing wrong but they said that since the judge had jurisdiction over my children and not me they could issue a warrant. So would it be a good idea to get further away than I am now or are my children and I safe in our current location because I did move out of OR?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Edward A. Kroll, Attorney at Law
Edward A. Kroll, Attorney at Law | Edward A. Kroll
If criminal charges have been filed against you in Oregon, you need to deal with them. Running away won't help. In addition, you are not safe just because you live outside of Oregon. Most states will allow extradition on a warrant. In other words, if you are in Texas, for example, and a police offer finds out you have a warrant in Oregon, you can be arrested and sent back to Oregon. You need to hire an Oregon criminal attorney right away. I would also caution you about discussing your plans to "move from state to state" on an open internet forum. This is not a problem that will go away by ignoring it or running from it. Hire a lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 3/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: