What should I do if a company is forcing me to pay them to buy my invention? 4 Answers as of July 26, 2011

One Indian company in USA is asking me for money for my granted USPTO patent. The person called me yesterday to my phone and told me that they are interested to buy the patent. The problem is that he/she is asking me for $2,500 so their "investor" can make the trip to my place. I am selling the med patent and they are asking me for money when they are the supposedly the ones to buy my patent? Also they don't have a website in the net, nor any information about the company she spelled to me. I only found some information in base to their phone number but there is nothing about them.

Malhotra Law Firm, PLLC
Malhotra Law Firm, PLLC | Deepak Malhotra
This could easily be a scam. Please look up "419 scam" in a search engine. I recommend that you do not send any money. www.patentsusa.com
Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
If they cant pay the travel expenses how can they pay for the patent? These people are scammers - write them an email and tell them you don't deal in banks but would be glad to give them the money cash for the travel when they arrive. You will never hear from them again. (RUN AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE)
Devon & Associates
Devon & Associates | Marcia A. Devon
"This company" does not sound legitimate. Their proposal is ridiculous. It appears to me that they are trying to scam you out of $2,500. If they do not have money for travel expenses, they do not have enough money to buy or license your patent. Do not give them any money. As you point out, the money is supposed to flow from them to you.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
Don't pay them and hire experienced counsel.