What should I do if a childs welfare is in danger? 7 Answers as of June 16, 2011

I manage an apartment in Suffolk County New York. Today I went into an apartment for the purpose of inspection as stated in my lease. The tenant has not paid her rent for 4 months and we are going through the courts for eviction. While in the apartment I noticed the electricity was turned off by the electric co. There was a rancid smell coming from the refrigerator. After further inspection there was rotting food in the fridge and nothing else, no milk bread, nothing but rotting food. I went to turn on the water and that also was turned off. This woman lives in there with a 5 year old child. Is this endangering the welfare of a minor? If so what do I do?

You can notify the appropriate authorities such as the police or Child protective Services and file an anonymous complaint and they will investigate.
If your tenant is in an apartment with no food, no running water, no electricity, and rotting food in the refrigerator then you should contact child protection and report it before the child is injured or gets sick.
It would probably be best to call child protective services and tell them what you wrote here. Even if what is going on is not purposeful on the woman's part, it still may be endangering the welfare of a minor and the service will be forced to take action. Good luck.
Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers
Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers | Alexander Sanchez
Contact the department of social services immediately, as well as the local police. This child's life is in danger, so make sure you follow up on your complaint until some action is taken.
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
Make a complaint to the Suffolk County Child Protective Services: 1-800-342-3720. http://www.co.suffolk.ny.us/departments/socialservices/Family%20and%20Ch ildren%20Services%20Division.aspx