What should I do if charged with selling alcohol to a minor? 2 Answers as of June 01, 2011

I accidentally sold alcohol to an underage born in 1991. I checked her ID and matched her date to a tobacco selling date (1993) instead of an alcohol selling date (1990). So I did my part in checking the ID and everything but was confused with the dates. I have never been convicted of any felonies or misdemeanors. This is will be my first if convicted in the court. What can I do to prevent any record of this on my file. I use my job as a part time job to help me through school and pay rent. And I'm planning on applying to pharmacy school at the end of this year, and if this stays on my record, then I doubt I will get admission. Please help.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Bruce H. Lehr, P.A.
Bruce H. Lehr, P.A. | Bruce H. Lehr
I would ask the prosecutor to allow you to enter and complete a pretrial diversion program. After successfully completing it the charges would be dropped and you could then expunge your record.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/1/2011
Click to View More Answers: