What should I do if charged with a DUI for less safe drugs? 3 Answers as of March 22, 2011

I have been taking the same meds for 2 yrs now. I got pulled over and I was taken to jail, where I bonded out. I WAS Not Messed up! What should I do because I know this is a very serious situation?

Lori C. Obenauf LLC
Lori C. Obenauf LLC | Lori C. Obenauf
The best defense is a strong offense. You should hire an experienced lawyer now to analyze, prepare, and defend your case. The consequences can be serious if you are found guilty, so it is important to start now to prepare your case.
It is imperative that you promptly retain an experienced criminal attorney to advise you as to your rights and options, including your option for a jury trial, if that is what you elect to do. Good luck!
You should appear in court when directed to do so. You should hire an attorney before you go to court, so you can go into court prepared. There is no magic to this thing. Folks get good results when they hire an attorney early and tell the attorney the truth. Good luck.