What should I do if being accused of theft? 4 Answers as of August 22, 2011

My friend (so I thought) went and pressed charges saying I stole a check from her. What really happen is she drove me to the store but her baby was sleeping so she had me run in. She said I stole my husband's car and went and cashed it when really she drove me. They pulled up the cameras in the store but not in the parking lot.

Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
Retain our office as counsel because you need criminal defense help.
You should hire an atorney
You are going to have to fight the charges.
You should retain an experienced criminal attorney if you have a few thousand dollars. This way he can try to keep you from being arrested. If don't have that kind of money you will have to wait until you are arrested and the court will appoint an attorney or Legal Aid will handle the matter. The police may contact you. Do not talk to them no matter what they promise, threaten, or offer. It is never advised to speak to the police under any circumstances. Feel free to call for a consultation as I must know a lot more about the facts and circumstances in order to properly advise you. If you cashed a check for another person you may have committed a felony.