What should I do if being accused of stealing? Posted on May 22, 2011

I found a wallet in the restroom where I work. I waited & put it in my car. I called the person when I got home & a man answered who the wallet did not belong to he said she was busy. I told him I found some personal items of hers under a tree (because I did not know this person & did not want to disclose too much info). I asked him if I should mail all the cards since they did not live in Tulsa & I could stick them in an envelope he said yes so I mailed them immediate from work. I told him I had other things that I could not mail & would mail them UPS by Saturday. I was going to get a money order for the $176 & mail the wallet UPS. Friday I was called to work security and had to stay there for 4 hrs & accused of stealing because she filed a police report. Now I am suspended & may lose my job!