What should I do if being accused of petit larceny? 4 Answers as of July 19, 2011

About 4 days ago I took way too much of my mental medications and I tend to black out when this happens. Any way I am staying with my parents while fighting for ssi or ssd. At about 5:00pm I get a call from my mother. I was passed out at a friends house and when I answer the call my mother says two police officers were at the house accusing me of petit larceny and that the officer said he wanted to arrest me the next day at 6:30am and that I would be arraigned in part 1 and be out by 10:00am. My mother told him no because her grandkids come there and the nieghbors. So the officer told her to have me call him at 6:30am. I tried calling him right after we hung up but he was gone. So I call him in the morning at 6:20am and he was already leaving but, they put him on the phone and I said I heard you want me to come meet you. He says he was going on a call and it would be later and i gave him my number and said I would come when ever he likes. He says you got into some trouble at target and I said no I do not remember that. He got mad and says we have you on tape and your going to jail and hung up on me. I have tried calling to see if I have a warrant but they wont tell me and I have no merchandise and dont even remember being there. The officer told my mom that people thought i was out of it. So my question is why didnt they stop me? I am in mental health court already. I dont know why no one has called to ask me to turn myself in when I told the officer I would or why wouldnt they have come back to arrest me? Maybe they dont have evidence or they are just making me sweat or there trying to put a better case together. So do you think I have a warrant? And what do you think I should do?

There may or may not be a warrant but chances are you will be arrested and arraigned. You should hire an attorney to investigate and plea bargain or go to trial.
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
What should I do if being accused of petit larceny? Retain counsel So do you think I have a warrant? Yes And what do you think I should do? If you retain our office we will surrender you and start the defense process.
You should retain an attorney to call the police, check for an arrest warrant, and surrender you on the warrant if there is one. You should not talk to the police or make any statements to anyone. You should not believe anything the police tells you, just let the lawyer handle the matter.
This is kind of a close call. But your best bet might be to not call this officer any more and let him come to you if he wants you. Petit Larceny requires intent. If you did not intend to steal, then there is a POSSIBILITY that you could beat the charge. If and when the officer confronts you do not make any statements. Tell him right away that you want a lawyer and don't back down.