What should I do for paraphernalia charges? How? 6 Answers as of August 21, 2015

I was asleep last night and my roommates were smoking on our back porch. I was woken up by the officer and asked to sit on our couch while we waited for three hours for a warrant. When they searched the apartment they found a pipe in my room, and one in my roommate’s room, we both got a ticket for paraphernalia. I have nothing one my record, and have never gotten a ticket for anything before. Is there any way that I might be able to get this taken off? Like first time offender? Doing community service?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You should hire a lawyer and get this relatively minor charge dismissed through diversion. By yourself you're going to get a criminal record, and it isn't worth it.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/21/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
Hopefully programs which are available to you to avoid a permanent record of a drug conviction being placed upon your record and impacting adversely your future. I would suggest that you speak with an attorney prior to the time you make any additional contacts or speak with any of the authorities. This is serious and can impact the rest of your life.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/20/2015
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
Probably eligible for DEJ or can get it dismissed if you fight it. Why were cops in house in the first place?
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/20/2015
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
See if they have a diversion program you can enter. If not, retain an attorney, there are several options that can be pursued.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/20/2015
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
You will have to hire an attorney to negotiate a deal with the prosecutor for you. It depends on which court it's in, but it's possible that your attorney could get the charge dismissed or reduced to a lesser offense.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 8/20/2015
    Anderson Law Office
    Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
    You should get representation asap. These charges are serious but there is hope to get it off of your record.
    Answer Applies to: Minnesota
    Replied: 8/20/2015
Click to View More Answers: