What should I do after a slip and fall? 2 Answers as of March 21, 2011

I slipped and fell on 2/1/11 in a California retail store. I had bruised knees and a sprained right wrist (went to doctor). I was right under a camera and know they have the video. I reported it and sent them all the information. I told them there was a shopping list on the floor and it was slippery and that is what I thought caused it but wasn’t sure. I received letter in mail stating the claim was denied. Can you help?

See a local personal injury attorney for a consultation. You need to determine if the store has a potential liability. That will depend in large part on two things. How long was the dangerous condition prsent - store is entitled to notice of the dangerous condition and time to correct it. The other is how obvious was the condition to the reasonable person, not just to you.
Law Offices of Michael Stephenson
Law Offices of Michael Stephenson | Michael Stephenson
It would be wise to get an attorney involved so that the retail store and its insurance company will take you seriously. I would be happy to help you with this.