What should I do after receiving interrogatories in aid of execution? How? 5 Answers as of August 28, 2015

I have a judgment against me that is not mine and I am getting harassed by NCO portfolio.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC | Darren Aronow
Then we could sue them for harassment, these types of lawsuits you get damage awards and the creditor pays your legal fees.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 8/28/2015
Law Office of Michael Johnson
Law Office of Michael Johnson | Michael Johnson
You should consult with an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/28/2015
Ronald K. Nims LLC | Ronald K. Nims
Since you're a judgment debtor, your creditor has every right to send interrogatories and you'll be in contempt of court, if you don't answer them (or worse, it's perjury if you lie on them). You should talk to an attorney who can explain your options.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 8/27/2015
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney | Janet Lawson
You need to see a lawyer NOW.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/27/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
Get back to the court commissioner or over court officer that is responsible for the underlying case. Send him or her a detailed and polite letter explaining the real facts. Send a copy to the collection lawyer on the other side at the same time you send your letter to the court commissioner or judge. Include copies of any and all documentation you have that will help to show that they are mistaken. It would not hurt to hire a lawyer who is well-versed in collection law; the collection people are probably violating one or another law or regulation.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 8/27/2015
Click to View More Answers: